Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Conditional Pie Chart Labels
vash
Hi,
I am using a Pie chart in my report.
I have the chart in the library and then I use it in my report at multiple places.
When there are more slices - the chart itself is reduced in size to fit in all the slice labels.
Is there a way to show the slice labels conditionally.
Say if the size of the slice is greater than 5% then only show the labels.
I don want the slices to be gathered in "Other" category - i want to show the slices but not the labels.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Vash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Vash,<br />
<br />
The following forum thread should help with that. It's for a bar chart, but the way to hide labels is the same.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/18695-filter-value-labels-displayed-bar-chart.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/18695-filter-value-labels-displayed-bar-chart.html</a>
;
vash
Michael,
It hides the labels - but the pie chart area still reduces in size.
I want to have the same look for all the pie charts in my report and hence i have it defined in my library.
But i still have the pie chart size issue.
Any way to handle it?
Thanks,
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
The only way I can think of off the top of my head would be to expand the size of the chart. Do you have room to expand the chart in all of your reports so you can do this in your library? If it looks like there is lots of left to right space around the chart, increasing the height of the chart a tad goes a long way to making it bigger.
vash
Michael,
No I dont have space as I have 3 pie charts aligned in one row of the grid.
Thanks,
Vash
vash
Michael,
The size of the "pie" in the pie chart reduces or increases depending on the labels it shows - considering the space constraint.
Is there a way to control the size of the "pie" irrespective of the number of slices and the labels to be displayed - I am not having uniform pie charts because of this issue.
Thanks,
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
To my knowledge, you can't fix the size of the actual pie. I could be wrong on this. If I find out differently, I'll let you know. If you could do without the labels and use tooltips on the mouse over event instead, you could keep a more consistent pie size.
vash
Michael,
I cant use events - because most of our clients print those reports - so the labels are required.
Anyways - if you find a way to control the size of the pie please let me know.
Thanks,
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
I don't know if it'll help, but you can set height and width hints for the plot area by going to the chart editor, then to the plot section, then click on the "area format" button, and then you can set height and width hints. It may help you in trying to keep your chart sizes more consistent. I'm not sure though, as I haven't tried it on varying sizes of data. You might give it a try. Let me know if it helps at all.
vash
Michael,
I have the height and width hints set in all the charts.
But the size of the pie still vary.
-Vash