Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
migrating a branch from one serverto another
lucifer
hi,
I would like to know if there is any way of migrating one branch , and all the files in it (including the extnded attributes set and the status of the workflow tasks ) from one server to another?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jeremy
If you are using TS552 I think you can just use the iwmigrate tool. That will send the specified branch from one server to another, as long as both are on the same version (552).
Check the TS docs for how to use it properly.
This would move across all the extended attributes of all the files. However I am not sure about the Workflow tasks. I don't know if there is a way to send this across. Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that.
Hope this helps.
lucifer
Hi,
Well, we are using ts 5.0.2
I have written an application that will import and export the extended attributes.
I have a problem with the workflows.
Jeremy
If you use the iwmigrate tool you wouldn't need to use a script to set the extended attributes as the tool takes care of this. It will also bring across any editions you have created.
Adam Stoller
iwmigrate is part of 5.5.2 not 5.0.2 - I'd recommend upgrading in general ...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jeremy
Sorry my fault - didn't read the response properly. He would be right in having to rewrite the attributes then.
All that would be sorted though if he was on 5.5.2! There's a plug for upgrading!!!
msrich
I'm having trouble using the iwmigrate tool. I'm trying to copy a branch from one W2K TS 5.5.2 server to another W2K TS 5.5.2 server.
With M: mapped to \\psnva232\default (we don't currently have a share on this server for iw-store; maybe we need one),
I tried on PSNVA235
\iw-home\bin>iwmigrate -m m:\ -o d:\iw-store\default -b //psnva232/default/main/crewnet_portal >> d:\iw_migrate_crewnet_portal.log 2>>&1
I didn't get any output, and the process looked like it didn't gain more than a few milliseconds, then just hung(?).
I also tried
\iw-home\bin>iwmigrate -o d:\iw-store\default -b //psnva232/default/main/crewnet_portal >> d:\iw_migrate_crewnet_portal_2.log 2>>&1
with same result.
Any ideas about syntax or usage? Thanks.
MattP
could you use a OD teamsite deployment to send the files with EA? Not sure about the WFs.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
njmahesh
checkout this technote!!!
Procedure for Moving to a New Branch
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/001415