Hi again,<br />
<br />
I am now attempting to understand and demonstrate BIRT's i18n features and abilities but have come across 3 issues with a simple report (attached):<br />
<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li><strong class='bbc'>The 'rtl' parameter does not seem to make any difference</strong><br />
<br />
My report's orientation is set to 'left to right' but I would expect this to get overwritten if the URL parameter is specified, and set to 'true'. Though, this is not the case when the report is viewed in:<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>
http://<em class='bbc'>{localhost:8080/contextPath}</em>/frameset?__report=i18nTest2.rptdesign&__format=html<strong class='bbc'>&__rtl=true</strong> - The report viewer</li><li>
http://<em class='bbc'>{localhost:8080/contextPath}</em>/preview?__report=i18nTest2.rptdesign&__format=html<strong class='bbc'>&__rtl=true</strong> - Plain HTML</li><li>
http://<em class='bbc'>{localhost:8080/contextPath}</em>/viewReport.jsp?design=i18nTest2.rptdesign&<strong class='bbc'>rtl=true</strong> - Through my custom JSP page (embedding report as a DIV element) which uses the BIRT 'report' jsp tag and sets the attribute 'rtl' from the URL param 'rtl'</li></ul><br />
Is there any way of not setting the report's orientation? Or making sure the parameter overrides whatever is set? The report is right to left, currently only if I set the report's orientation.<br />
<br />
</li><li><strong class='bbc'>Character encoding issues when the report is rendered using the BIRT 'report' JSP tag (as a DIV)</strong>.<br />
<br />
This is demonstrated by my custom JSP page:<br />
http://<em class='bbc'>{localhost:8080/contextPath}</em>/viewReport.jsp?design=i18nTest2.rptdesign&<strong class='bbc'>locale=ar</strong><br />
<br />
(Note: I have only stuck random Arabic characters in random places, for a demo of the report working correctly in Arabic:
http://<em class='bbc'>{localhost:8080/contextPath}</em>/preview?__report=i18nTest2.rptdesign&__format=html&__<strong class='bbc'>locale=ar</strong>)<br />
<br />
I'm assuming there is some issue with the 'out' instance that would be used by the 'report' tags class, is there any way of specifiy character encoding?<br />
<br />
</li><li> <strong class='bbc'>Exporting to excel (tested only from the report viewer) loses column mappings</strong><br />
<br />
I set up a column mapping on my report so that if a person's **** was 'm' then in English replace that with 'Male' and in Arabic, some equivalent, however when I now export to excel the column values for **** are empty....they have neither 'm' or 'Male' for the English locale...any ideas?</li></ul>
<br />
Also I am using BIRT version 2.5.1.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance, any help with any of these issuses would be greatly appreciated!