Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom JAR-s not recognized in JBOSS deployment
vasa
This seems to be a common problem, but I would welcome any suggestions, since I was unable to find a working solution.
My BIRT reports (2.3.2, deployed in JBOSS 4.2.3) use two custom .jar-s, one for a scripted data source, another for a few extra aggregation functions. I have tried placing them in birt.war/script_lib, and in birt.war/WEB-INF/platform/plugins, but to no avail. Whenever a report using one of these is invoked, it breaks down with multiple exceptions that boil down to the code not found.
The most annoying part of it was that I had a similar problem with a previous JBOSS deployment (gone for good, unfortunately) and the cause was some silly file permission. Currently I have the entire jboss tree owned by root, and it still does not work.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vasa
OK, solved - the problem was caused by the .jar-s being compiled with Java 1.6, and the JBoss was being run on 1.5.
However, it would have been VERY nice if the BIRT logs indicated in any way that the loading of .jar-s failed due to them being incompatible. (as opposed to them not being found in the classpath...)