Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dynamic picklist depending on dynamic data source selection
digo
Hi,
I need to generate reports from identically structured databases where the data source is determined at run time.
Selecting the data source depending on a report parameter is no problem, but then I also need to have another report parameter - a picklist - that is based on a query which should be selected from the appropriate data source.
Is this possible and if so how?
Thanks,
digo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi digo,
Do you know all the possible different dataSets beforehand? If so, you could create a parameter for each possibility of picklist and decide which to use in your script.
digo
Thanks for your reply.
I probably do not understand dynamic data source. I envisioned that since my database structures are identical, with the same table names, columns, data types etc. I can just create data sets once and use the same depending on the data source that was selected at runtime.
From your message I understand that I should be creating different data sets for each data source, albeit with the same queries and filters etc. but bound to a different data source. Is that correct?
Also, I wrote earlier that selecting the data source depending on a report parameter is no problem, but as it turns out it doesn't seem to work for me. No matter which data source is selected the data source that is set in the BIRT JDBC Data source tab of the Edit Data Source window is used for the report regardless of the setting in the Property Binding tab and what the user select as report parameter. Or is that because I should have corresponding data sets for the other data source?
digo