Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Fetching input parameter at run time
GSM
Hi,
The scene is something like that. I need to run a report from routes application of maximo. On selecting a specific route, when I do run report from select action menu, the report should fetch the value of selected record of the route from the present page, and display the details of that selected route record.
So here, I am not passing any input parameter, but still expecting the report to fetch the value of selected record at run time. How do I do this in BIRT? what code should be written for implementing this?
- GSM
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jdfoutch
The BIRT to Maximo interface passes the "where clause" from Maximo and stores it in the "where" parameter. For example, if you've selected a workorder record ( 123456 ) and are viewing it in the Work Order tab of the application. When you print the work order, the value "wonum = '123456'" will be put in the "where" parameter of the woprint report and then substituted in the Open method of the main data set. If you look at the Open method, you'll see how this substitution is done.
You can include the "where" parameter in the report and see the values that are passed as you run the report on different records and from different tabs. Doing this is sometimes a useful troubleshooting tool.