Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ReportEngine rendering (R) character as '?'
matthewng
I am running a report engine in a UNIX environment and the HTML that is produced displays the "registered" character (in a Text element) as a "?". I tried switching fonts from Trebucht MS to Times New Roman, but it still produces the same output.
When I escape it using ® , the engine escapes the ampersand as well and the output becomes ® .
Is there a way for me to write the exact characters "®" into the HTML without javascript? (when i use document.write("®"), the Eclipse previewer messes up)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RaviV
Try this: ® Should work.
matthewng
Nope, that didn't work.
It looks like the ampersand gets escaped in the rptdesign file but the (R) character does not. This prevents me from writing ® in HTML, which the browser would then correctly render (R).