Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
hidden elements take up space anyway /page gets too long
work_ph
HI everyone
I have got another problem which I couldn't solve this far:
I have a lot of content on my report page. To show only specific content I hide (switch off visibility) tables and charts. But those elements are only invisible. They still take up all the space so that the page in html stays very long - no matter which elements are shown. I tried to fix the problem with the length of the masterpage but I couldn't find a solution.
Is there a way how to hide the not needed elements completely and delete their space from the html page?
I hope somebody has a solution.
Thank you very much in advance
work_ph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi work_ph,
If you know early enough in report creation, you could actually drop the element from the design rather than just hiding it.
work_ph
hey mwilliams,
thanks for your answer! You are right. Next time I consider that. Nevertheless I solved my problem. I had problems with my table length which caused the long page of the report. The hidden elements don't take up space when hidden. But in the hidden status they are still rendered which costs longer calculation time. Next time I drop the elements instead of hiding them.
Thanks a lot though!!
work_ph
kallem
I did encounter this same problem in Birt Report Viewer with hidden elements. In my case it was enough to set hidden element's <strong class='bbc'>Display</strong> property to <strong class='bbc'>No display</strong> as element is used only in data extraction.