Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
connexion to several databases in birt
cheli
hello,
Is it possible to connect to several database at the time with birt?, what is the connexion's chain JDBC? jdbc:sqlserver://"server";databaseName="dataBase"; is for only one database, what do I add to this chain?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi cheli,
Yes, connecting to several databases at once is possible with BIRT. You just need to create a dataSource for each different database you're connecting to.
cheli
Thank you mwilliams,
but for do a query multi-dataBase, what must i do?
I must creat a data set for the datas of each dataBase et after i do a join data set?
mwilliams
cheli,
For a completely different database, I would imagine you'd need to bring the data in from each separately and then use a joint dataSet in BIRT to join the two. Maybe I'm not sure what you're asking completely?
cheli
i have data from 2 different databases, i did 2 separated data sources , one for each data base. when i going to create a new data set, I need use the both databases, but BIRT only allow select one. how can i do for use the datas from the both databases?
mwilliams
cheli,
Bring the data in from each dataSource into their own dataSets. Then, create a thirt dataSet, only instead of choosing the regular dataSet, choose the new joint dataSet option. You can then join your two dataSets based on a common key.
Hope this helps.
cheli
with that i cant solve my problem, because i need use in the where clause champs of the both dataSet and I need to do a count in select too, I cant do this count in one of the 2 dataSet that make up the final dataSet, because that will not bring me the correct data.
mwilliams
cheli,
You should be able to grab the data you want from each database, join the two databases, use dataSet filters to limit the data further from that point, and create a computed column in your joint dataSet with an aggregation of "count" to give you the count of the rows.