Hi,
I have a report with a web service which works fine in the designer (preview and integrated web viewer).
This web service requires an authentication but as this is not implemented in the BIRT OpenSource release (am I wrong ?), i created a tomcat valve which read creadentials from url parameters. Connection will be protected by SSL in production.
The valve works.
In my datasource I just set WSDL URL from firt tab and SOAP End Point in third tab (property binding) so as to obtain credentials from report parameters.
Ex: "
http://localhost:8080/newfleet/axis/services/ServiceFleet?username=" + params["username"].value + "&password=" + params["password"].value + "&roles=" + params["roles"].value
It seems to works fine in the designer, the valve is called and the user authenticated.
When deploying on tomcat, I have a generic error without details anywhere and i really don't found any solution to this issue. I found nothing on the web, this forum or it's french equivalent.
Exception is :
==========
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.
All idea are welcome !
Thanks all.
PS : the tomcat server works fine with sample reports from BIRT (Sales By Territory for example).
My BIRT version is 2.5.2 (designer and tomcat server) with tomcat 6.0.20 and JDK 1.6