Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Designer: BIRT doesn't automatically link to library
swerlen
I have a strange but very annoying issue. Every time I open a report for which some items are linked to a library, the items are highlighted in red with an error "Content of this report item is corrupted...". To get rid of this, I have to right-click on the rptdesign and choose "refresh library". However, if I close the report and re-open it, the issue is back. A better workaround is to keep the libraries open (first) and then open the reports. In all cases, this is very annoying for users / developers. I think that this is related that we are using an absolute path for the resource and template folders (Eclipse settings).
Has anybody else the same issue? Is there a fix for it?
Birt Version: 2.5.1v20090624
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi swerlen,<br />
<br />
I have not heard of this yet, but it sounds like a bug to me without actually seeing the issue. You might search the bugs on this. If you don't find anything, I would log one and see what they have to say. You can do both at the link below. If you don't mind posting any bug info you find or report in here for future reference, that'd be great. Thanks.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>
swerlen
Thanks for your answer!
After some investigation, it seems that the problem appears when using absolute path for resources and using libraries linked to an other library.
I filled a ticket for it.
mwilliams
If you could post the bug info in here, that'd be great! Thanks!
swerlen
Sure. <br />
<br />
Designer: BIRT doesn't automatically link to library<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=306277'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=306277</a><br
/>
<br />
I'll update this post when the issue will be resolved.