Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Total on a bar chart
bonob
Hi,
I'm using a stacked bar chart. So I have different colors representing different groupings with their numbers. But I can't seem to put the total at the top of the bars (ex: so a bar with 5, 15,20 would have 40 at the top)
Does anyone know how to put the total on a stacked bar chart??
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi bonob,
So, you want the number for each bar shown, plus the total for all stacked bars above each bar? If so, I don't know that this is possible because there isn't a label spot for a total that I see. If you don't need to show the subtotals, you might be able to figure the total yourself and use this label to display it.
bonob
Hi Michael,
Yes I do need to show the subtotals. It's kinda weird it's not there by default. Maybe it can be added with code but I don't have time to figure it out. Could be a good enhancement request for Birt...
Thanks
mwilliams
bonob,<br />
<br />
You can request an enhancement for this for future versions here:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>
mcremer
I couldn't find a good solution for this. So I created an enhancment request for BIRT:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357075
The workaround offerd in:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/19734-display-total-on-stacked-bar-graph/page__s__dacc6c52341e8411932fc21fc5d84b0b
Is not a good option for presentation purpeses.