Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BUG found when useing webService and Joint Data Set
chorton
Hopefully this will save someone some time.
I've found a bug in BIRT 2.3.1 and 2.3.2.
I have two datasets based off web service's. A 'vendor' data set and an 'invoice' data set. Which are joined to create a joint data set called ds_VendInvoice.
The invoice dataset takes some date parameters to restrict the number of rows I get back. If I hard code the parameters the invoice data set the joint data set works just as you would expect it to. I can preview records in the dataset, expand the dataset in the Data Explorer, and view the results within the actual report.
*Problem is: if I set even one dataset parameter in the invoice to a report parameterr I can no longer expand the dataset or drag it to the report.
Trying to make even one data set parameter dynamic blows up joint data sets. I have found this is resolved in 2.5 though.
Hopefully this will save you about 8 hours b/c that's roughly how long it took me to find it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi chorton,
Yes, this was a known/reported issue that was fixed. Did you happen to have a link to the bug report handy? You could post a link to it in here for future reference if you did. Thanks.
chorton
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi chorton,<br />
<br />
Yes, this was a known/reported issue that was fixed. Did you happen to have a link to the bug report handy? You could post a link to it in here for future reference if you did. Thanks.</p></blockquote>
<br />
Unfortunately I don't, I just found this yesterday.