Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Modify a hyperlink
MikeB
Hi All
Is there any way to modify the hyperlink on a field 'after' it has been created.
Specifically I wan to add &__target="target" at the end for use in a portal
I can create the URI manually by selecting URI in the hyperlink wizard and constucting the URI in the on prepare script myself so really I am asking:
When is the URI available so I can just add the extension.
Is there an easier way to do this and also:
Is there a way to override the standard report parameters for a hyperlink ie the report is produced as HTML but the hyperlink prduces PDF - if so how please.
Regards
Mike Butler
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
Where are you building the Hyperlink? If you are building a URI, you should have access to the formula editor. From there you are free to do anything you want in terms of the components of the actual URL.
As for the default output format, that is completely in your control, but depends on how you are executing the report. What is your environment?
Can you give a sample of the URL you are getting now and what you want it to be ultimately?
MikeB
Hi Brian<br />
<br />
Thanks for responding<br />
<br />
I have tried many things (**** this learning curve) but I think you nudged me in the right direction. I have been an RPG programmer for 15 years and have used many other languages in my time and Birt is just one of the technologies I am currently following. I am trying to figure out, with a programmers mind, how it all fits together so this query is not only to help a current problem but also to broaden my knowledge "quest".<br />
<br />
The hyperlink is on one of the report line fields and I am creating a drill down link to another report design using the formula builder after selecting hyperlink in the field properties. The report works very well including the drill down. However, I would like to contol some aspects for my environment.<br />
<br />
Currently when you click on the hyperlink in the repot it is producing: <br />
<br />
Mydomain.etc /birt-viewer/frameset?__report=report%2FCustomerOrders.rptdesign&__format=html&rptprmCustNo=WD0000071+&__overwrite=true&__locale=en_GB&__svg=false&__designer=false&__pageoverflow=0&__masterpage=true<br />
<br />
What I would like is: <br />
1: to add &__target="mytarget" to the end of the url.<br />
2. to change &__format=html <br />
3: As a bounus I would like to add some text to the beginning and end as well to make the url into a js function ie "functionName(" to begin the url and ")" to end it<br />
<br />
I have an internal web site where users can click on a report menu to run a report in an iFrame. I can contol everything I want when running the report this way however, the problem comes in the drill-down where the report controls the URL. If I can attach the extra information to the URL I can then control which frame the report runs in rather than it overwriting the calling report or opening in the main window. <br />
<br />
<br />
I hope the explination is clear enough.<br />
Any help would be much appreciated.<br />
I guess I need educating in how to use the function builder.<br />
<br />
<br />
PS. As a server side programmer I am always exploring posibilities. If there is a straight forward solution for the above I would then like to explore adding onclick onMousover etc events to fields to retrieve ajax responses.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Update: </strong>Nothing beats answering your own questions. I found Building "web 2.0 style functionality into your BIRT report " in one of the Birt reports which looks like it may be the way to go.<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Mike