Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Absolute positioning returns
Ashwind
This was the original problem I posted, got the solution.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16444-could-not-position-element-certain-position-page.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16444-could-not-position-element-certain-position-page.html</a><br
/>
<br />
Now there needs a grouping where the group header has to be displayed.<br />
Since that row is not counted into the row count balance is going off.<br />
<br />
How can I solve the problem without depending on the row count.<br />
<br />
<br />
Any suggestions would be helpful.<br />
<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Ashwind,<br />
<br />
This might be something that'd be a good enhancement request, to include the group headers and repeated row headers in the page break interval count. You can do this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>.<br />
<br />
There may be a way to control the pageBreakBefore or pageBreakAfter for a row based on your own row count. I've done something similar with groups, but haven't tried with rows. I'll have to check that out. What version of BIRT are you using?
Ashwind
I am using 3.2.20
mwilliams
I'm guessing that that's BIRT 2.5.1. I'll try it out in there and let you know.
Ashwind
I will be waiting
mwilliams
Ashwind,
Here's an example made in 2.5.1 that does what I said above. It uses a custom count to make the page break interval equal to 20, even though the page break interval set in the table's page break tab is 40. The count of 20 includes group headers as well. There are a few quirks with repeating headers that you might be able to work out. I didn't work too long on making those work out perfect, but this should give you an idea. You'll find script in the initialize, onCreate of the group header, onCreate of the detail row, and the onPageBreak of the table. Hopefully this helps you out.