Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Transposing row data to columns
chrisp
Hi,
Can you please advise me on how to transpose row data into columns.
I have 6 images of a property and I want the 6 images to appear in the report in 3 columns by 2 rows instead of the current 6 rows.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
QBiT
Hi chrisp,
have you solved this problem. I have a similar problem and if you have found a solution to this, this could whipe my problem away
chrisp
Hi QBit,
Unfortunately, no response as yet.
chrisp
LeBrtExprt
Hey Guys,<br />
<br />
I came across this example a while back but I haven't tried it yet. Check it out to see if it meets your needs.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/745-transposed-data-sets/#description'>Transposed
data sets - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
Le BIRT Expert
chrisp
Hi Le BIRT Expert,
thanks for the tip, however, I want to transpose row data into columns, not the other way round, ie. columns into rows.
chrisp
Monma
Where are the pictures coming from. There are many ways of doing this so can you give me more detail on you dataset and report. Then I will suggest a solution.
chrisp
Hi Monma,
They're coming from a table with columns like property id, property address, description of image, date, status and url of image.
So, for example, for property id 105962, there would be 6 rows with the same address, different description of image, different date, status and url and I would like to position the images in 3 columns (maximum) by 2 rows with the description, date and status under each image.
Thanks,
chrisp