Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report stuck on xml errors
abhipro
Hi,
I have a report which was running nicely since many days. Today, I just opened the xml Source tab in BIRT and now.. I cannot get back to neither Layout nor Preview tab.
It keeps on giving the following error:
"Errors in XML Source page must be corrected before other pages can be used"
The errors are like the following:
The word 'gif' is not correctly spelled..
I am not able to understand why this is an error??
Any help would be highly appreciated..
Abhi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Abhi,
Did you make changes when you were in the XML source? What is your BIRT version?
abhipro
Hi mwilliams,
My BIRT version is 2.2.2
Yes. Since I was not able to enter the value for a property in the advanced tab, I added the value through the xml source.
But after that, it started giving an error while switching to any other tabs.
The string I added seems to be correct as I was following another example which does work well..
Is it that BIRT doesn't allow any manual changes through the xml source?
Regards,
Abhi
mwilliams
Abhi,
BIRT does allow for changes in the XML source, but there must be an error in there somewhere. If you take out what you put in, does it work correctly?
abhipro
Hi,
Yes. Once I removed it.. I was able to switch between tabs..
Does that means the string is in-correct?
Regards,
Abhi
mwilliams
Abhi,
Yes, if what you put in isn't correct in syntax, it will have errors and will not allow you to leave the tab til it is corrected.