Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
problem with export to Excel
yairfr
hi ,
i am working on 2.5.1 version of birt .
i get errors when i try to export to excel , in the stage when the file is trying to be opened (attached JPEG).
i get in the tomcat log the following warning :
Mar 21, 2010 5:16:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.ExcelEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
==> ../logs/catalina.out <==
Mar 21, 2010 5:16:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.ExcelEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
apparently there are problems with the XML , but i don't know how to fix them .
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yairfr
addition - when i neutralize the CSS the i use to generate the report - the export succeeds . how can i know what properties causes the problem ?
i add the css file .
Virgil Dodson
Hi yairfr, the message is vague but seems to indicate that it found HTML in the MasterPage. Have you applied one of these styles to the MasterPage header or footer... or included HTML there?
Since this looks like a problem you are seeing after deploying BIRT, I am moving this thread to the Deploying BIRT Engine forum.
Migrateduser
I am using Birt 2.5.2. When I run the View Report with XLS, I get the following error in the logs -
18/05/2010 10:44:07 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.ExcelEmitter needOutputInMasterPage
WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
The Excel report does not display the data correctly. Can someone please let me know what should I do to fix it? The MasterPage of the report does not have anything in the header and footer. Shoudl I put something there?
Any help would be appreciated
-Radhika