Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Modying report layout
davefromal
Hi all,
Using BIRT eclipse report designer, layout view seems to be a bit of a misnomer! I can't move anything, it's all "stuck". How do i add a line break
? Do I have to do all this in the XML source? how to I insert spaces between elements? I have no cursor available like in the web page designer of eclipse.
much appreciated guys
dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
comag
The designer did not work like MS Word.
You have to use the available elements from the palette directly using thier padding and margin properties. Drag and drop these elements in the layout.
If you want to use html-like syntax you can use it inside a Text-Element.
mwilliams
Hi dave,
Along with what comag was saying, to get items in your layout where you'd like, you'll need to use grids to position the items where you want. As for page breaks, you can go down to the property editor and to the page break section after selecting a report element and choose to page break before or after it. Inserting spaces between elements can also be handled with grids or by just placing an empty text element in your report between the two items you're wanting to space.
davefromal
ok makes sense I guess. It's a shame it doesn't support web layout features otherwise available in eclipse, eg the web page editor view.
thanks