Hi,<br />
<br />
I am attempting to integrate the reporting engine into my existing web application (currently deployed on Tomcat 5.5.).<br />
<br />
My project is a maven project and as far as I understand BIRT is still not 'mavenised'...so I followed the instructions on another post in this forum and manually added to our repository the following artifacts:<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li> core-api (jar)</li><li> engine-api (jar)</li><li> model-api (jar)</li><li> Report Engine (directory zipped up and extracted when added to my WEB-INF dir)</li></ul>
<br />
The BIRT versions I have tried with each of these artifacts are 2.5.1 and 2.5.2.<br />
<br />
I added some code (that depended on the first 3 artifact's to compile) to my project that started up the platform, instantiated the IReportEngine and then attempted to call IReportEngine.openReportDesign(String rptDesign).<br />
<br />
The platform is told that the ReportEngine directory is in the WEB-INF directory and starts up successfully. Then the report engine object is also successfully initialised. All the jar artifacts are correctly placed in the WEB-INF/lib directory.<br />
<br />
The exception (below) is thrown on the line calling openReportDesign()...I have found this bug report:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=299718'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=299718</a><br />
Is it exactly the same? Is there anyway of getting this to work?<br />
<br />
The exception:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/SimpleDateFormat
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.DateTimePropertyType.<clinit>(DateTimePropertyType.java:62)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.MetaDataDictionary.<init>(MetaDataDictionary.java:237)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.MetaDataDictionary.<clinit>(MetaDataDictionary.java:111)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.impl.DesignEngineImpl.newSessionHandle(DesignEngineImpl.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DesignEngine.newSessionHandle(DesignEngine.java:108)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:254)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:273)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:195)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:129)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:294)
at com.test.reporting.servlet.TestReportServlet.doGet(TestReportServlet.java:58)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
...
</pre>
<br />
Thanks in advance.