Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scripted Datasources
RudiWelter
I'll start with a simple question (for you guys) first:
I created a logger class file
>>>
package com.tribalnets.birt;
public class MyLogger {
public static void log(String comment) {
System.out.println(comment);
}
}
<<<
I copied the (compiled) class file under
eclipse-BIRTeclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.5.1.v20090821birtWEB-INFclasses
I created under eclipse a new report with a (scripted) datasource and in the 'open' script I added :
importPackage(com.tribalnets.birt.MyLogger);
MyLogger.log("test");
However, if I open the preview I don't see anything printed.
Now is my question :
- which perspective should I've hove (debug or Report Design)
- where can I see the output.
At the moment I don't see the debug output anywhere so I don't know if the class did execute.
Rudi.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
From the Report Design perspective, you should be able to run the report and see the output. If you look in the designer, go to "Run --> Debug Report". This will open up a console tab down by the other information tabs in the lower-right of the designer. Check for your output there.
Once you deploy, the output should be in the App Server logs (so long as you continue using System calls). You could also use a formal logging tool like log4j if you want to.