Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
There is no report design object available.
snehajo
Hello,
I am using Birt-2.5.1 to design the report . When I try running the report on tomcat 6 with Birt-2.5.1 viewer, I get " There is no report design object available. "
Error Details :
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:116)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
What is this error about ? and its solution ?
Thank You.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
musti
Hi snehajo,
Have been struggling with this same problem for a while. Haven't got to the bottom of it yet. Am using Birt-2.5.1 too. All my old report work fine but none of my new ones. The file that it shows in the error message is there but for some reason it can't read it, it seems.
Did you find out why this error?
thanks.
pJune
Did any of you found a solution? I have the same error. I am running Tomcat 7.0 and BIRT 2.6.1.
I followed the DynamicReportServlet example (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Dynamic_Report_Servlet_(BIRT)#Entire_Web_Application_Example)
and I get the error when it tries to run the servlet.
<form id="form1" method="get" action="
http://localhost:8080/DynamicReport/run">
;
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced
sebp
Had the same problem. The reason was that BIRT Report Designer 3.7.2 created the .rptdesign file with ASCII encoding. After saving the file UTF-8 encoded the error was gone.