Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt actual char view not same as preview
mano
Hi,
I am tryin to produce a chart with a datasource.(I am using birt in zend studio)
the chart looks ok on the preview window but when i finish the chart wizard the values are completely different.(although the look and feel and same)
any ideas guys....really appreciate a quick reply as I am very confused.......
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mano,
Are you talking about a difference between the preview in the chart editor and when you actually run the report? If so, the preview only runs off a small sample of data, so you just see a representation of this small sample in the preview. Let me know if this doesn't explain the difference you're seeing.
mano
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi mano,<br />
<br />
Are you talking about a difference between the preview in the chart editor and when you actually run the report? If so, the preview only runs off a small sample of data, so you just see a representation of this small sample in the preview. Let me know if this doesn't explain the difference you're seeing.</p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Williams,<br />
<br />
thx for the reply...really appreciated....the problem is I am new to Birt and just clicked chart and in the wizard i see three steps..in the second one i select my dataset (coming from a from a db) and in the third step also the values seems to be ok..because from normal inspection I know this as one value is over 1000....but when I click finish in the wizard<br />
the same chart appears but with different values...with maximum being 95...<br />
<br />
hope this gives a clear understanding of the problem I have..please explain as to why I am experiencing this...
mwilliams
mano,
Can you include some screenshots of this happening? Including a screenshot of the data that is supposed to be represented? Reproducing the error with the sample database or flat file may be impossible, but if you can, that'd be really helpful. Thanks.