Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to apply a custom text Format on a Cell component ?
miaou_
Hi everybody,<br />
<br />
does anyone know how to apply a special text formatting on a cell content ?<br />
<br />
Explanation<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>My report contents a grid.</li><li>I have to format one of the cell (which contains some label and data components) with specific behavior.</li></ul>
The formatting function was written in java and I was able to call it from external context on a Text Component (thanks to the onRender script event, the content String is available).<br />
<br />
But, the OnRender event on a <strong class='bbc'>Cell</strong> component does not provide access to the text content.<br />
<br />
Does anyone have a suggestion ?<br />
<br />
P.S : I apologize for my poor english level, I am just a french boy ^^<br />
P.S.S. : If my explanations are difficult to understand, I can post a test report.<br />
<br />
Best regards,<br />
Nicolas.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Monma
Are you trying to customize the content? If so you can access the content via the dataset and modify it. Otherwise please explain more?
miaou_
Hi monma,<br />
thanks for giving attention to my problem.<br />
<br />
I attached a report and 2 jars to this message.<br />
In order to run the report, you must put the 2 libraires (<em class='bbc'>common-lang-2.4.jar</em> and <em class='bbc'>test.jar</em> into the <em class='bbc'><Birt RCP Designer Install> pluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.5.2.v20091210birtscriptlib</em> directory.<br />
(Nota bene : the report was made with birt 2.5.2).<br />
<br />
I put a <em class='bbc'>onRender</em> script on the top dynamic text. As you can see (I hope), the paragrah is formatting as wanted (80 character length, right-pad with '-' character).<br />
I do not know how to do the same on the cell content in the grid below. I can not access to the final text, resulting of labels and datas in my real report. In the attachment, I just add 2 text components.<br />
<br />
Thanks again