Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem upgrading reports from 2.2 to 2.5, now Empty Chart displays
keithpower
Hi all,
I'm upgrading the BIRT runtime used by an application from 2.2. and 2.5 and hitting some problems.
The reports needed a little bit of tweaking to get them going. I'll list out the main trouble spots I had in case they're of any use to someone else.
The java.sql package now seems to be imported by default so any new Date() calls in Javascript had to be replaced with new java.util.Date().
Also code that had new String()s which subsequently had .split() called on them got very confused and thought they were referring to java.sql.Array. Changing the calls to new java.lang.String fixed that. This one is a bit worrying since the return type of split for the (presumably called) Javascript Object String has nothing to do with java.sql.
The problem I'm having now is that when a query returns no results I see an empty box the same size as my chart under 2.5. When I run them under 2.2 the charts are not there and no space is taken up. I've set the "Show if blank" to false. This works on tables (only shows the heading bar) but doesn't work for the charts.
Any ideas on why this might be ? Any ideas on how to script around it ?
Many thanks,
Keith
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet