Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
getting email to work after upgrading to 5.5.2
ttriemst
I am currently doing an upgrade from TeamSite 5.0.1 to 5.5.2, and I am unable to get the email to work. When I start a workflow, I would like to email a user. On version 5.0.1, it is working fine (but I didn't set it up). I have compared all of the the configuration files, and there are no differences in the iwsend_mail section. I am on Solaris 2.8. Is there any suggestions to get the email to work?
Tod
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
It's difficult to diagnose this without more information.
If you take the information in iw.cfg under [iwsend_mail] for 'mailserver' and telnet to port 25 on that value - do you connect to an SMTP server?
e.g.
[iwsend_mail]
mailserver=host.company.com
telnet host.company.com 25
If you connect - you probably won't see any prompt, just type: QUIT and hit <Enter> to get out of it.
If that works okay - then you have to look at the information being generated in the mail message for the 'To:' field and verify that it is a real address.
Also - what script are you using to send email with?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ttriemst
The following is the iwsend_mail section from TeamSite 5.0.1:
[iwsend_mail]
## 'maildomain' is the (default) email domain of users.
maildomain=mycompanyname.com
## 'mailserver' is the SMTP server that TeamSite's email
## notification script can use to send mail.
mailserver=mail.exampledomainname.com
## Set 'use_mapping_file' to true if you are planning on specifying email
## addresses explicitly for each TeamSite user in a mapping file
use_mapping_file=false
## 'email_mapping_file' is the location of the file mapping TeamSite
## user IDs to email addresses or IDs. See the example file
## /usr/iw-home/local/config/email_map.cfg.example for details.
email_mapping_file=/usr/iw-home/local/config/wft/email_map.cfg
## if 'debug_output' is set, then debug output will be streamed
## to the file location it indicates.
#debug_output=/tmp/iwsend_mail.log
I compared the iwsend_mail section on TeamSite 5.5.2, and they are exactly the same. I have spoken with my UNIX administrators, and they verified that the mail server on the server was running. I checked with my Novell group, and there is nothing blocking the email from reaching the post office. I would think that I can have the same settings as I did in the 5.0.1. As far as what script I am using to send mail, I don't know which one. What is the best way to check? I am assuming that I am using the iwsend_mail.ipl but can not verify that.
ttriemst
After doing some research, I found the problem. In UNIX, there is another iw.cfg file located at /etc. I made the changes there and it worked fine. Thanks for the quick response fish.