Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Click event
Tatyana
Hello,
I am trying to create a report which displays several rows of data with a button on each row. I am creating the button using a dynamic text label:
<INPUT Type="BUTTON" id="<VALUE-OF>"tmp"+row._outer["TIMEOFEVENT"]</VALUE-OF>" name=<VALUE-OF>row._outer["OPTICALRECEIVER"]</VALUE-OF> Value="hide" onClick='hidebutton( this.form, "<VALUE-OF>"tmp"+row._outer["TIMEOFEVENT"]</VALUE-OF>")'>
</INPUT>
I have a script, so that onclick, the button should disappear.
<script>
function hiderow(form, id){
document.getElementById(id).style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
</script>
When I generate the report both the button and the script work, so the button is hidden onclick. But when I click onto the next page within the report and then go back to the page where I had previously clicked, the button re-appears?
I am using Birt 3.2 and the birt viewer. Is there a way to permanently hide the button onclick??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
roadblock2
I am interested in a similar question.
The answer appears to be no. The script you have written, and the ones that I have been using are client-side, so they don't alter the report in any way. I am not sure how the run/render paradigm works when changing pages, but I did find a way to keep things "hidden" upon export to pdf.
Basically I created a parameter that is a boolean. In my client side script I access the parameter and change its value. Then in my visibility settings, I set the pdf visibility to the value of the parameter.
It worked when I printed to pdf, but I am not sure if it will work when changing pages.
Let me know if this helps and if you find a solution or require further explanation.
RB