I didnt want to dig up a dead thread, so I am just linking back to it:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16412-adding-another-series-chart.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16412-adding-another-series-chart.html</a><br />
<br />
I am most interested in the following quote taken from the first message in the thread. <br />
<br />
"For the record:<br />
<br />
Figured out that the proper way to have multiple x/y series in a scatter<br />
chart (and other types of charts) is to create a single x/y series and<br />
call setSorting + setQuery on the y SeriesDefinition to separate the data<br />
points into distinct groups. This approach is cleaner, and avoids the<br />
multiple-x/y-series flakiness."<br />
<br />
I do not use the api in general and so am not clear on how/where to use setSorting and setQuery, or exactly what they do in this context that allows additional series to be added. If someone has a moment to point me toward a resource or provide an explanation, I would greatly appreciate it.<br />
<br />
RB