Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
conditional indentation
vash
Hi,
I have a table and in the detail row - for one of the columns i want to indent the text based on some condition.
I created a new style with "left padding - 15 points".
Then for the data element - in the Highlights section - based on a condition I apply the indentation style.
But its not working.
Is there any way to do this?
Thanks,
Vash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
Rather that apply the style on the data element, I think you will need to apply the highlight rule on the cell. I do not think the padding property is applicable to a data item.
vash
I already have padding property applied to another data element in my report - and it works.
However, as per your suggestion I did apply the highlight rule on the cell - but still it doesnt seem to work.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Vash
bhanley
Do you have multiple highlighting rules on your report? It is possible one is preventing another from firing off?
Can you attach a sample to the thread so I can have a look?
vash
Brian,
I have attached the Report and the csv data file.
I have the highlight rule on the name cell and not the data element.
Please check.
Thanks,
Vash
bhanley
I have this working. A trick I use often was to change the text color to red for the highlight style. This showed me the rule was in fact getting enforced, no indentation was showing but red text was. I am not sure how your original indent was working. I had to apply the indentation to the "Text Block --> Text Indent" property.
Have a look at the sample for more. You will have to re-configure the data source folder location back to where you have it locally for the report to run.
Good Luck!
vash
Hey Brian,
It works as expected.
Thanks a lot.
Appreciate your help.
-Vash