Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cascading parameter issue
saravanam
I have a cascading parameter group in which based on the user logged in I need to populate the customer list and based on the customer selection I need to populate the distributors list. Here I am passing the user id after logging in and fetch the customer list. But what happens is it always fetches the customer list for the default value that I have set.
If I am not setting the default value It is not fetching any customer list. Is there anything I am doing wrong here?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
saravanam
By the by, the user id is the login value and not the list of values selected from a listbox. THis is where I am stuck up as when I have to chose the value from a list it works fine. But not when directly applying to the textbox.
saravanam
I have resolved the issue by making the following changes:
In report design I am adding a dataset for the userid selection.
In RE API, I am setting the user id value taken from the jboss portal logged in value. This resolved the issue. This is the right implementation. I tried to have the user id as text box since we are taking it from the portal. But it is not working.