Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Print 2 same copies of forms on 1 page
bmuskie
Hi,
I've designed a payroll slip, employee will keep 1 copy and the company keep 1 copy.
Since this slip only use half page per record, is it possible that I can print 2 same records on 1 page? And how?
i.e.
row 1 will appeared 2 times on page 1
row 2 will appeared 2 times on page 2
row 3 will appeared 2 times on page 3
etc....
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi bmuskie,
If you add another detail line, make it exactly the same as the one you already have, and then force a page break after the detail section, you should get what you're looking for.
Hope this helps.
bmuskie
Hi mwilliams,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I just tried your way and the detail line is repeated with no problem.
But, the form I got also have the header and footer. How to repeat them to form:
i.e.
Header (on page 1)
row 1 (on page 1)
footer (on page 1)
Header (on page 1)
row 1 (on page 1)
footer (on page 1)
Header (on page 2)
row 2 (on page 2)
footer (on page 2)
Header (on page 2)
row 2 (on page 2)
footer (on page 2)
etc.
Cheers!
roadblock2
I am sure mwilliams can suggest a better solution, but one way to do this would be to create a table, then in the detail row of this outer table, place two identical tables with a filter such that row["Id"] = row.__outer["Id"] (you would need to check that syntax). Then you can just hide the outer table and set your page break after the detail row of the outer table.
Let me know if this is unclear.
RB
mwilliams
RB is correct. You can bind an outer table with 2 detail lines to your dataSet, then embed a table into each detail line. Since you're using only one dataSet, you don't need to bind the embedded tables to the dataSet individually, they'll automatically use the outer table's dataSet if you don't define one for them, so no need to filter. If you were using a second dataSet on your embedded tables, you would need to filter them down to match the "outer" row. Just design your two inner tables the same and page break after the second detail row. You can delete the header and footer rows of the outer table as well. That should do it.
bmuskie
Hi mwilliams and roadblock2,
I have solved it by using the suggestion.
Many thanks to both of you.
Cheers!
mwilliams
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!
roadblock2
You are welcome, I am just trying to contribute where I can after asking so many questions!