Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying BIRT Report Engine with WebStart
brad103
Hi all
I simply want to provide the basic Report Engine emissions functions to my users (Excel and PDF) as part of an existing WebStart JSE application. Currently my app does not use OSGI. I have integrated BIRT reports into my app but, it seems necessary to set BirtHome, plus include a massive amount of supporting jar files (plugins). For these reasons I haven't yet been able to deploy the reports.
Can I deploy it in a lightweight manner, not requiring all the plugins (I have managed to reduce from 33 to 27MB so far by trial and error, but still enormous for desktop app)?
Can I get around setting BirtHome?
Thanks
Brad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brad103
Ok, now I've seen <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/5832-how-generate-birt-report-standalone-java-application-about-webstart.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/5832-how-generate-birt-report-standalone-java-application-about-webstart.html</a><br
/>
<br />
But deploying as a war file just doesn't scale for my solution. I'm afraid now that I'll have to drop BIRT and find another tool that can be deployed with classpath references only. I can see how the cludge of OSGI can be worth it on an Enterprise server environment, but really doesn't seem to suit for client apps.<br />
<br />
Brad