Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sort crosstab rows dynamically - URGENT
jyol2005
I have a crosstab with date column (ex: mar-09, apr-09, ...) and rows with a name of a person. For each month, I display some number which could be anything (ex: amount of sales). I am able to define a sortcolumn and sort the columns based on the date.
But we have a requirement where the users can specify whether they would like to order the rows based on a person'name or total amount of sales and in ascending or descending order. I can pass two report parameters, sort by and sort order and sort the crosstab based on these two.
I would appreciate if anybody can provide an example (using DE API or crosstab events - onCreate, onRender, etc).
Please, I need this immediately. Thanks in advance for your help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jyol2005
Really? Nobody has done this before?
Can someone please help?
gbutler69
I, along with one other person (and occassionally a lurker), have started (or are trying to start) an IRC channel for us users of BIRT who would like to bounce questions off one another. We're on Freenode (irc.freenode.net) on the #birt channel. Stop in, see if we can start helping one another out with our BIRT issues.
jyol2005
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1201-add-sort-to-crosstab-using-de-api-in-script/#description'>Add
Sort to Crosstab using DE API in script - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
This is exactly what I wanted.<br />
<br />
Thanks, Jason.