I'll appologize upfront -I'm a newbie and can't figure out how to set up a new data source. I've googled this, looked on this forum and I've found responses that are similiar but don't solve my problem, so here goes the question:
I need to connect to an Oracle 10g 10.2.0.4 database - here's what I've done so far:
Downloaded from the Oracle site ojdbc14 driver - do I have to register it some where and if so how?
Reinstalled Java 1.5 just in case
On the New Data Source wizard:
DRIVER CLASS:
selected oracle.jdbc.oracledriver(v10.2)
selected manage drivers and selected the ojdbc14.jar file that I downloaded
DATABASE URL:
typed in, and I think this is where I have syntex errors:
jdbc:oracle:thin:
@1.2:3:4
1 = input the server name that the database is on, i.e. hpxyz
2 = input the database name, i.e. xyzdb.world
3 = the port number, i.e. 1521
4 = the SID name, i.e. abc
so it looks like:
jdbc:oracle:thin:
@hpxyz.xyzdb.world:1521:abc
User Name - Ernie
Password - TopSecret!
JNDI URL - leaving blank - I have no idea what this is.
The error the database is giving me is a connectivity issue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.