Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying BIRT in tomcat/lib
edwardiv
Hi,
Does anyone know how I can put all the BIRT jar files in tomcat/lib instead of each of my individual webapp/WEB-INF/lib .war files?
If I put jars in tomcat/lib, they are shareable by all my web apps that I deploy as .war files and I don't need to include them in my .war files. This works fine for everything except for BIRT, which results in pages of Class Not Found exceptions. It seems that BIRT insists on having the entire ~50MB of jars to be included in each web-app/WEB-INF/lib (plus the platform directory).
Am I missing some option here or is that just the way BIRT is?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cypherdj
Hi again Edward,
the short answer is no. if you want to deploy BIRT into a web application, you would need to deploy the engine platform which will reside under the WEB-INF folder of your application(s). This platform contains the eclipse plugin required to run BIRT, which is an eclipse based plugin.
Since your concern is about the footprint on your application, you could first of all remove certain plugins that are not required by your application. If you don't generate PDFs for instance, or if you will not support SVG charts, ...
Rgds,
Cedric