Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT cannot access local disk using authorised WebStart
brad103
Hi all
I'm compromising at the moment by trying to deploy the BIRT components not as an eclipse application, just to use the Report Engine - with Webstart. I have set BirtHome to 'c:birt' which works fine when I run it from the command line (java -jar ...). However when I run the same jars through webstart I get an error:
<trace>
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Cant startup the OSGI framework
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:91)
at nz.co.itgs.billing.reporting.AnalysisReportGenerator.startup(AnalysisReportGenerator.java:56)
... 30 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:79)
... 31 more
</trace>
Firstly, I can't seem to get any more detail than that from the stack trace, and my attempts to capture more detailed logs has failed.
Secondly, I can access and write to the c:birt directory no problems from within the app (launched with webstart), but BIRT doesn't seem to be able to. Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
Brad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Brad,
The error you are getting is that the application can not locate and startup the BIRT plugins. In the web start app are you copying the BIRT runtime to the client?
Jason