Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Compatibiity
abhipro
Hi,
I am trying to open a BIRT report in Version 2.5.2
The report originally was made using V2.5.1
When I open the .rptdesign file, I get the following error:
"the opening design file is not a valid design file or the file does not exists"
When I proceed, it just opens the xml source of the file.
How can I resolve this issue?
Many Thanks,
Abhi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Abhi,
Is this in the designer? Does it happen with all reports you have? Or just this one? Let me know.
abhipro
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Thanks for the reply.<br />
<br />
Now I am able to open the reports in the new version too. I was missing the library previously.<br />
<br />
I am now facing another issue while running the reports. When I preview the reports, I get the following error:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.<br />
Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.<br />
</strong><br />
<br />
The same error is received when I test the connection for the Data Source in the library..<br />
The driver class is set as "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"<br />
<br />
This is the first time I am facing a jdbc driver issue.. I am not quite sure what it implies..<br />
<br />
Do I need to install any separate jdbc drivers for mysql..<br />
Any help would be highly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Many thanks,<br />
<br />
Abhi
abhipro
Hi mwilliam,
I was able to fix the JDBC error. I added the driver's jar file and it resolved the error.
Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Abhi
mwilliams
Abhi,
Sorry for the delayed response, I was at SugarCon for most of the week. Glad you found a solution!