Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Interactivity-for tool tip of chart
nirmal792
Hello,
I am using BIRT 2.5 for creating charts.And m facing the problem for applying tool tip for report.i want to display my value data on tool tip with some rounding function on tht.
i.e BirtMath.round(value data *row[nodes])/100
but whenever i applies this function..its giving me error tht referencevariable value data is not defined.i also tried to do this by using globalVariable..but no success.
Please reply.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Nirmal,<br />
<br />
Since this looks like an actual question, I'm moving this out of the Practice Area and into the Designing BIRT Reports forum.<br />
***<br />
<br />
The variable name for getting the Value Data is 'valueData' without a space in them... however, I think I am seeing the same thing your are. If I use valueData by itself, everything displays correctly, however, using valueData within a formula is showing the same error you are seeing.<br />
<br />
Can you report this problem at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Depending on how your chart is set up, you may be able to use the actual row value that you used to set up the Y axis data. For example instead of <br />
BirtMath.round(valueData *row[nodes])/100<br />
you may be able to use<br />
BirtMath.round(row[CreditLimit] *row[nodes])/100<br />
<br />
just replace CreditLimit with what you had selected for Y axis... this workaround will likely only work when you have only a single Y value for each X axis category.
nirmal792
hey vdodson,
Thank you very much for u r reply.
I will try this and let u knw my results.