Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Remove dataset parameter (BIRT 2.5.2)
dizzy12
Hi,
I've built a report with one string parameter which is bound to a dataset parameter. In case the report parameter is null I would like to remove the dataset parameter. I'm removing from the SQL script the where clause using beforeFactory script but I cannot remove the dataset parameter.
any suggestion?
I'm using BIRT 2.5.2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
roadblock2
Instead of removing the where clause in a script if the value is null, what about adding the where clause in a script if the value is not null?
dizzy12
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="roadblock2"><p>Instead of removing the where clause in a script if the value is null, what about adding the where clause in a script if the value is not null?</p></blockquote>
<br />
I can do that, but my parameter is of type String and I have a problem with special characters like % or ' (i'm using oracle). I would prefer a solution where I don't have to escape special chars by hand that's why I'm using dataset parameters.