Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Updating Column Information in Data Set
alexjuno
I'm currently querying:
select *
from USER.CAR
which properly shows me all of the columns in that table in the preview results.
My problem is that one of the columns I'm calling (CARS) is being populated as (434532) in the report.
I want to change 434532 to Chevy, but not sure how to go about - can't find examples.
Would I do that in the Query option of the Data Set or somewhere else?
Ex: select *
from USER.CAR
AND UPDATE USER.CAR
SET CAR = 'Chevy'
WHERE CAR = '434532'
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi alexjuno,
You could always create a computed column in your dataSet editor that checks the numerical value of the "CARS" column and puts the text value you want in the new column.
Something like:
if (row["CARS"] == 434532){
"Chevy"
}
else if (row["CARS"] == fordNumericalValue){
"Ford"
}
etc...
Hope this helps.
alexjuno
MWilliam's, you are my NEW HERO!
mwilliams
No problem. Glad to help. Let us know whenever you have questions!!