Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Opendeploy: File encoding is unsupported
sunil_j
I am getting the following error "File encoding is unsupported" when I create a new opendeploy deployment script. Any Suggestion on how to overcome this problem ?
I am using OpenDeploy 5.5.1 on Win 2K Advance Server.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
sunil_j
I logged on to OpenDeploy GUI and went to the Configuration section. I tried to create a new configuration file. It showed the form when I entered the required details. Once I try to save the Configuration file, it displays the following error message "d:\iw-home\OPENDE~1\OPENDE~1\conf\sdf.xml
File encoding is unsupported. Failed writing config file d:\iw-home\OPENDE~1\OPENDE~1\conf\sdf.xml ".
Let me have your views on this.
Adam Stoller
Can't say I have much to offer here. I haven't tried using the configuration editor in a while and my current laptop situation is less than idea to try it on right now.
You didn't mention the SP level of your OpenDeploy and Admin Server - are you running vanilla 5.5.1 or have you installed SP1? or SP2?
Also - what operating system are you using (I know it's Windows - but what version and what language OS)?
And while we're at it - what browser / version are you using?
There are a bunch of possible variables here that might lead to an answer - so the more information you can provide the easier it might be for someone to assist you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
sunil_j
I have not installed any Service Packs for OD.
I am using Windows 2000 Advance Server, Chinese Version.
I am using IE 5.0.
Thanx
Sunil
Adam Stoller
I think you may need to install the OpenDeploy 5.5.1 SP2 (or upgrade to 5.6 - just released yesterday) - in the Release Notes for SP2 I see the following:
With this release, OpenDeploy supports the Korean (ko) and Simplified Chinese (zh) locales for Windows and Solaris. US English is supported on all platforms on which OpenDeploy can run.
It then provides a list of the supported locales which indicates support for W2K with: Japanese, French, German, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
Hope that helps.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)