Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Engine Exception when running some reports
RaviV
Hi,
I am Using MySQL database, and Tomcat 5.5.
I use Birt viewer runtime ( Birt 2.3 ) and have bundled into a war which I have deployed.
Now, occasionally I get an exception while attempting to run reports via the viewer. ( does not matter which report. Seems to be a bit random. It could be tied to inactivity).
=== Begin Exception Stack Trace ===
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException:
An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following
message for details:
Cannot get the result set metadata.
SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.
SQL error #1: No operations allowed after statement closed.
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExtendedGenerateExecutor.execute(ExtendedGenerateExecutor.java:70)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExtendedItemExecutor.execute(ExtendedItemExecutor.java:61)
at
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:45)
.........
=== End Exception Stack trace ===
I think MySQL is dropping connections in the pool maintained by Tomcat?
MYSQL explains a couple of 'fixes'. 1. Set the auto reconnect which is not a great solution and 2. A fix where the caller needs to do a retry, but this code is in Birt.
Is there any other way where I can manipulate from my report and re-execute the report somehow? Is that a solution?
What can I do?
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ravi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RaviV
I figured it out. This is only for MySQL. Its inactivity period is 8 hours. I needed to add a DBCP setting in the app server. Tomcat (testForBorrow with validationQuery, with some test SQL), JBoss (check-valid-connection-sql, some test SQL) have it. to test a connection before returning from pool. Similar checks are also there in Weblogic and Websphere ( from admin console)
Not a Birt issue.