Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using the API
javaguy
I have the need to use the BIRT API to create reports, because I need to pass a custom parameter to the report design, and I can't do that using the viewer.
One concern I have with all of the examples I have seen is the setBIRTHome statement.
Do I HAVE to use an absolute path there? What happens when I deply to my production server? What if the path is different?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
javaguy
I just thought of something...could I use the servlet method? Would that be any easier? I have not found one good tutorial (that I can understand) about the servlet method for using BIRT. Could anyone point one out?
JasonW
You need to use a PlatformServletContext, set birt home to "" and put the plugins and configuration directories in the /WEB-INF/Platform directory. Take a look at this example:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Servlet_Example_(BIRT)_2.1'>Servlet
Example (BIRT) 2.1 - Eclipsepedia</a><br />
<br />
Jason