Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating computed column in table
miwalker
I have a table in my report with column data from 5 different data sets. I want to add a computed column to the table with an expression similar to this:
if column A = 'yes' and column B = 'High'
'1';
elseif column A= 'no' and column B = 'Med' and column C = 'True'
'2';
These columns (A,B,C, etc.) are all from different datasets. Can I create this computed column directly in the table without using a dataset to create it? I had started by creating the computed column in my main dataset but realized I needed to do several joint datasets to get all the data in one dataset.
Are there any examples of creating the computed column directly in the table and how do I differentiate between the different datasets when doing this?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi miwalker,
You'll have to have all the fields in a single dataSet to use them in a binding together.