In BIRT2.1, we were able to put a plugin in the birt-runtime/ReportEngine/plugins directory and be able to run a report (in a standalone Java application) that references that plugin.<br />
<br />
After upgrading to BIRT2.5.2, a few things changed:<br />
<br />
1. There is a noclassdeffound exception even though the class is part of the application's classpath<br />
-- the fix was to add the class to the plugin's classpath as well<br />
2. If an object gets created in the standalone app and passed to the plugin via engine.setappcontext(), I get a classcastexception when accessed in the plugin code.<br />
<br />
I assume both these problems arise because the plugin uses a different class loader than the standalone app. The problem is then how can I solve the second issue.<br />
<br />
I think this is a related/same issue: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg29833.html'>[news.eclipse.birt] setAppContext / ClassLoader blues</a><br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
<br />
P.S. I had a similar issue when "debugging" the ChartEventhandlerAdapter in Eclipse