I have two issues. They might or might not be related.<br />
<br />
The first issue is that I cannot run the test report from the tomcat/birt manager page. In IE 8 there are JavaScript errors specific to the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/birt/webcontent/birt/ajax/ui/report/AbstractBaseReportDocument.js'>http://localhost:8080/birt/webcontent/birt/ajax/ui/report/AbstractBaseReportDocument.js</a> and <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter'>http://localhost:8080/birt/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter</a> files. In FireFox, the report dialog progress bar comes up that says "Processing, please wait ..." but everything pretty much just stays there. In either case the test report doesn't return in the interface.<br />
<br />
Strangely, calling for reports outside of the tomcat/birt manager pages seems to work except for this second issue.<br />
<br />
The second issue is that BIRT cannot seem to produce valid PDF documents. Word, PowerPoint and HTML come back fine, but PDF files don't. The report designer displays the reports in PDF format just fine, but the viewer cannot. <br />
<br />
When opening up the PDF in a hex editor it appears that some of the content at the end of the report (such as the last several rows in a table) aren't getting written. I might not have my log settings correct; I don't see any problems in the log files produced in the C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webappsbirtlogs folder.<br />
<br />
Any ideas as to either issue and whether or not they are related?<br />
<br />
Thanks!