Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
display name - dataset output columns vs table binding
bmuskie
Hi,
Under v2.5.0, I've specified the column Display name in Dataset. But, when I try to create a table in the layout tab, the column Display name in the Table's binding is still blank. Is there anyway to bring across those name?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi bmuskie,
If I add display names in the dataSet and drag the dataSet into the design window to create a table, the display names are carried over to the binding tab of the table. I checked this in 2.5.0. How are you creating your table? Just dragging single elements over? Was your table already created before adding the display names? Let me know.
bmuskie
Hi mwilliams ,
Thanks for the prompt reply again.
Since I need to customize the columns, I've dragged the Table from the Palette and manually bind the Dataset to that Table. And, the procedure is:
1. create Dataset
2. edit (create) the Column Display Name
3. Drag the Table from Palette
4. Bind Dataset to Table
Cheers!
mwilliams
bmuskie,<br />
<br />
Ok, by dragging in a table and binding it to the dataSet and manually dragging columns over, I see what you're talking about. I also confirmed that this is still the case in 2.5.2. Please log a bug for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>. Thanks.
bmuskie
Hi mwilliams,
Bug reported.
Cheers!
mwilliams
Could you post the bug information in here for future reference? Thanks in advance!
bmuskie
Hi All,<br />
<br />
FYI,<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310939'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310939</a><br
/>
<br />
<br />
Build Identifier: 2.5.0<br />
<br />
When create a Dataset and manually added the Display Name to the columns. And,<br />
when manually bind the Dataset to that Table, the columns' Display Name is<br />
EMPTY.<br />
<br />
Reproducible: Always<br />
<br />
Steps to Reproduce:<br />
1. create Dataset<br />
2. edit (create) the column's Display Name<br />
3. Drag the Table from Palette<br />
4. Bind Dataset to Table<br />
5. the columns' Display Name is empty<br />
<br />
Cheers!