Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to group in a cross tabe (data cube)
ManInBlack
Hello,
in excel there could be created a pivottable. Within of the pivottable there could be grouped some columns or rows. If some rows will be grouped the chart changes its form and values.
I put here an example excel-sheet which demonstrates this scenario.
Is it possible to realize it with open source BIRT?
Thank you very much. It would be a pleasure if you have a solution for that.
Thanks
ManInBlack
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ManInBlack
Here is the excel file. I zipped it.
Per double-click of a "grouped cell" for example cell A5, you can see
the elements of the group.
mwilliams
Hi ManInBlack,
I don't know of a way to do this in BIRT. However, I do believe that Actuate BIRT 11 is going to have the feature where reports exported to Excel are made into pivot tables in the Excel output. I'll let you know if I find anything different on this for OS BIRT.
ManInBlack
Hi Michael,
thank you very much. It would be a please if you sent me a message than.
Bye
ManInBlack