Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can i hide a header row labels when it does not contain data?
Mylsamy
Hi all,
I have designed the birt report design using XML data source,
and my xml is like this,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Candidates>
<Candidate>
<CandidateId>1</CandidateId>
<CandidateFirstName>JOAN</CandidateFirstName>
<CandidateLastName>ABOSS</CandidateLastName>
<MailId>t21@candrila.com</MailId>
<Gender>X</Gender>
<Educations>
<Education>
<CandidateId>1</CandidateId>
<EducationId>1</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>Completed College</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>2</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2008</CompletionYear>
<Major>AS</Major>
<Grade>as</Grade>
<InstitutionName>AS</InstitutionName>
<City>as</City>
</Education>
<Education>
<CandidateId>1</CandidateId>
<EducationId>6</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>Masters</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>5</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2005</CompletionYear>
<Major>dasdas1</Major>
<Grade>DASDAS</Grade>
<InstitutionName>dasd</InstitutionName>
<City>sadasdas</City>
</Education>
</Educations>
</Candidate>
<Candidate>
<CandidateId>2</CandidateId>
<CandidateFirstName>Mylsamy</CandidateFirstName>
<CandidateLastName>Shanmugam</CandidateLastName>
<MailId>t22@candrila.com</MailId>
<Gender>X</Gender>
<Educations>
<Education>
<CandidateId>2</CandidateId>
<EducationId>2</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>Completed College</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>2</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2005</CompletionYear>
<Major>fsdf</Major>
<Grade />
<InstitutionName>43</InstitutionName>
<City>43</City>
</Education>
</Educations>
</Candidate>
<Candidate>
<CandidateId>3</CandidateId>
<CandidateFirstName>SAMY</CandidateFirstName>
<CandidateLastName>ABDELKARIM</CandidateLastName>
<MailId>t23@candrila.com</MailId>
<Gender>X</Gender>
<Educations>
<Education>
<CandidateId>3</CandidateId>
<EducationId>3</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>Associate</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>3</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2009</CompletionYear>
<Major>dasds</Major>
<Grade>dsd</Grade>
<InstitutionName>dsad</InstitutionName>
<City>dsd</City>
</Education>
<Education>
<CandidateId>3</CandidateId>
<EducationId>4</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>High School</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>1</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2005</CompletionYear>
<Major>test</Major>
<Grade>test</Grade>
<InstitutionName>test</InstitutionName>
<City>test</City>
</Education>
<Education>
<CandidateId>3</CandidateId>
<EducationId>5</EducationId>
<ProgramDsc>Doctorate</ProgramDsc>
<ProgramCd>6</ProgramCd>
<CompletionYear>2004</CompletionYear>
<Major>dfs</Major>
<Grade>fdsfd</Grade>
<InstitutionName>fds</InstitutionName>
<City>fdsfd</City>
</Education>
</Educations>
</Candidate>
<Candidate>
<CandidateId>4</CandidateId>
<CandidateFirstName>Employer First Name</CandidateFirstName>
<CandidateLastName>Employer Last Name</CandidateLastName>
<MailId>t304@candrila.com</MailId>
<Gender>X</Gender>
<Educations />
</Candidate>
</Candidates>
I designed my report based on this XML.
I have attached the Report.
My Problem is when the candidate child element hasn't contain any education child element(s), the label header for educations also displayed.
But i want to hide the education label header row when the candidate has no education elements..
How can i hide the header row for the candidate?
Help would be appreciated..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Myl,
What version of BIRT are you using?
Mylsamy
Hi Williams,
I am using Birt 2.3.2 version.
mwilliams
Myl,
Take a look at the modified report. I added an aggregation to the table to determine if there were any education rows and used a visibility statement to hide the group header for education info if there were none. Let me know if you have questions.
Mylsamy
Thanks Williams,
It is now work fine.
Thank you very much....
mwilliams
Perfect. Glad to help!