Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Files being created in lib directory
gwen1
We are deploying from a 5.5.2 base server to two 4.5.2 receiver servers using filelist deployments with the -inst paramenter. Servers involved are all Solaris. We have approximately 1000 deployments per day and have a process in place removing all of the extra src.xxxx files. (a previous thread) But I was looking at some other system stuff today and noticed that in the OpenDeployNG/lib directory I have two .deploymentxxxx files being generated there with every deployment. There are currently over 42,000 files.
Are these being generated due to the downward deployment? So when we upgrade the receiver this issue will go away. Or are they a byproduct of the -inst parameter being run and I will need a permanent solution in place?
For tonight, I am planning to remove the extra files during our scheduled nightly maintenance.
Thanks,
Gwen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gwen1
Correction to above post. We are using a 5.5.1 base server.
gwen1
I completed some further testing. These files are only being generated when completing a downRev deployment. A 5.5.1 to 5.5.1 deployment with or without -inst parameter did not generate a file.
Thanks,
Gwen
Migrateduser
Gwen,
When OD 5.5.1 deploys to an OD 4.5.2 target, it is actually passing the work off to a local 4.5.2 "proxy" sender. In doing so, OD 5.5.1 generates deployment files for use by the 4.5.2 proxy sender.
As your findings illustrate, when you eventually upgrade your targets to 5.x, you'll no longer see these files getting generated.
I should also point out that when doing down-rev deployments between version 5 ODs, there's no proxy business going on. The following senders can deploy to (-->) the following targets directly:
5.6 --> 5.5.1
5.6 --> 5.0.1
5.5.1 --> 5.0.1
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
gwen1
Thank you for your response. I am currently working to speed up the upgrade to 5.6 of at least these receivers and base so that we can solve this problem. (In process of planning enterprise wide upgrade)
Thanks,
Gwen